Villanova College in 1849.
This view is from the north,
or railroad side of the property. In the center are the kitchen and rear of the monastery
(the former Belle-Air mansion, built c. 1806); to the right are the chapel of 1844 and the
lavatory of 1847; to the left is the east wing of the College Building (1848), later
Alumni Hall and now the oldest standing structure on campus; and in the lower left corner
is the Philadelphia and Columbia Railroad Station, precursor to the Pennsylvania Railroad
and SEPTA rail station.
College in 1849
This view is from the south, or Lancaster Pike side. On the left is the 1844
chapel; in the center is the Belle-Air mansion, by then converted to an Augustinian
monastery; and on the right is the College Building, which is the present east wing of
| | Previous Exhibit Item | Next Exhibit Item |
The information and/or photographs on these pages are not to be republished or reproduced in any format without
written consent of Villanova University Archives, Villanova Pennsylvania. All rights are reserved.