Log on
Apply | Contact Us | Give a Gift | VU Home | Site Index | Text only
Progress & War


This Belle Air mansion,

 much enlarged, belonging to John Rudolph and his family and purchased by the Augustinians in 1841.  The earliest section of the house had been built about 1806.  A large rear extension was constructed in 1852 and a fourth floor, executed in the then popular Mansard style, was added in 1879.  It served as a monastery, residence hall, classroom building, and finally as a seminary building.  It was named Saint Rita’s Hall in early 1903 after the completion of a new monastery.

 | Previous Exhibit Item | Next Exhibit Item | 


The information and/or photographs on these pages are not to be republished or reproduced in any format without written consent of Villanova University Archives, Villanova Pennsylvania. All rights are reserved.