Log on
Apply | Contact Us | Give a Gift | VU Home | Site Index | Text only
Villanova in the Twenties


Saint Thomas of Villanova Monastery

was named in honor of Saint Thomas of Villanova, a sixteenth-century Augustinian archbishop and educator.  This structure, designed by architects Henry D. Dagit and Sons, was built to replace the monastery of 1899, which was destroyed by fire on 2 August 1932.  The dome of Alumni Hall is visible on the right.  (Photograph by Alan Nyiri, 1991).

 | Previous Exhibit Item | Next Exhibit Item | 


The information and/or photographs on these pages are not to be republished or reproduced in any format without written consent of Villanova University Archives, Villanova Pennsylvania. All rights are reserved.