Main College Hall
This scene followed the disastrous fire of 28 January 1928. At the
time losses were estimated at two million dollars. This building was for many years
the administrative, academic, and residential center of the campus. It was rebuilt
in 1929 and named in honor of Saint Nicholas of Tolentine in 1960. Between 1929 and
1960 it was known as Mendel Hall, which should not be confused with a later building of
the same name. Paul Monaghan designed the rebuilt structure.
| | Previous Exhibit Item | Next Exhibit Item |
The information and/or photographs on these pages are not to be republished or reproduced in any format without
written consent of Villanova University Archives, Villanova Pennsylvania. All rights are reserved.