Log on
Apply | Contact Us | Give a Gift | VU Home | Site Index | Text only
Villanova in the Twenties


This scene followed the disastrous fire of 28 January 1928

At the time losses were estimated at two million dollars.  Main College Hall was for many years the administrative, academic, and residential center of the campus.  It was rebuilt in 1929 largely within the original exterior walls, and named in honor of Saint Nicholas of Tolentine in 1960.  Between 1929 and 1960 it was known as Mendel Hall, which should not be confused with a later building of the same name.

 | Previous Exhibit Item | Next Exhibit Item | 


The information and/or photographs on these pages are not to be republished or reproduced in any format without written consent of Villanova University Archives, Villanova Pennsylvania. All rights are reserved.